IRA Charitable Rollover
Interested in an IRA charitable rollover gift? Review the requirements and restrictions below:
- Donor must be 70 1/2 or older.
- Gift must be made directly from the IRA to an eligible charitable organization.
- Gifts to all charities combined may not exceed more than $100,000 per taxpayer for the year.
- No material benefits can be received in return for gifts.
- Gifts may not be made to a donor advised fund, supporting organization, or private foundation.
- The gift is not included in taxable income; thus, no charitable deduction is allowed.
- Gifts must be made from an IRA. Gifts from 401(k), 402(b), and 457 plans are prohibited.
Ready to make your gift? Review these next steps:
- To make a charitable IRA rollover transfer, contact your IRA administrator and instruct that individual to transfer funds to the charity, or multiple charities, you designate.
- Contact Jessica Whitney at 602-393-4115 or [email protected] and she will answer any questions you have and provide instructions for completing your gift.